So you want to build all kinds of lean muscle but don’t have money to join a club. That’s all fine these days, because you can get fit from your own home. Just remember that you will get sweaty, so you might not want to do it hovering over your nice new carpet and furniture. Here are five tips I like to use when trying to workout at home.
1. Walk/Jog: This might not be for everyone, but it can be done. Most people have a set of stairs in their home. Doing sets up and down the stairs can help cut the fat off in no time. I recommend getting outside to do this exercise when you can, but on rainy days this works.
2. Pushups/Crunches: There have been some football players who have claimed to only do these to get in tip top shape. If it works for world class athletes, it can definitely work for someone just looking to drop some pounds. Between the pushups and the crunches, you are well on your way to sculpting your body.
3. Lifting: I am not talking about building a huge gym. Small weights under 25 lbs are easy to use and store. You can get great workouts by stepping up the reps.
4. Squats: It all starts with powerful legs, and you can get those powerful legs from doing squats. You can either go without weights, or use the hand weights you have for the above exercise to get those legs you always wanted.
5. Buy a complete workout program/video: There are a ton out there. A lot of the best ones have reviews on this site. The fact is, there are very few reasons you should not be able to get a good workout done from your home.
So when it’s all said and done, you have a ton of options available to you. There are many people who are in the same situation as you so the market has grown like crazy.